A group of students visits in the lounge of North Hall at Penn State Hazleton.


Housing and Food Services employs a general maintenance person to work on daily and routine residence hall problems. Some problems require outside vendors to complete the repairs. Housing and Food Services has contracts with other Penn State departments and vendors to address certain areas, such as cable TV, Ethernet connections, laundry facilities, and card access.

Emergency Contacts

Housing and Food Services  570-450-3120
Residence Life  570-450-3070
Police Services  570-450-3333

Maintenance Requests

You can submit routine maintenance requests online or by calling the Housing and Food Services maintenance line at 570-450-3376.

Routine Repairs

A routine repair is for a problem that can be scheduled to be fixed and does not require immediate attention. Examples include a burned-out light bulb, problems with the refrigerator/microwave unit, a torn screen, etc.

Emergency Repairs

An emergency situation is anything that needs to be fixed immediately and if it’s not remedied, serious injury or damage will result.

Examples include the following:

  • Loss of hot or cold water
  • Loss of heat
  • Loss of electricity (beyond normal power outages)
  • Electrical hazard
  • Flooding or major leak
  • Fire
  • Gas leak
  • Any condition that represents a significant imminent threat or potential hazard to the community
  • Glass window breakage that is a potential safety and/or security hazard
  • Pest emergencies (bats, bees, etc.)


For lockouts or lock problems, contact Housing and Food Services at 570-450-3120 during normal business hours. After hours, contact Residence Life at 570-450-3070 or Police Services at 570-450-3333.